Yes, it turns out our Michelada Mix was the best thing that has ever happened to rice...
makes 4 servings
1 clove garlic
⅛ small white onion
3 sprigs cilantro
½ tsp cumin
2 cups water (or chicken stock)
⅓ cup I Love Michelada Mix
¼ cup grapeseed oil
1 cup long grain white rice
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside to drain.
- In a small pot, add the oil and set to high heat. Add the rice, garlic and onion to the pot and stir until the rice becomes toasted brown.
- Add in the water michelada mix, cumin and salt.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce down to the lowest setting and cover with a lid.
- Let cook for 20-25 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated and the rice is tender.